Uncover the crowns. Hoe the weeds away to keep from crowding. Ensure plants are correctly labelled. Bask in the beauty and serenity of the farm.
All the easy stuff.
Moving forward there are the big questions and actions for this summer:
- Set out the hopyard layout physically. Confirm distance between plants. Confirm distance between poles.
- Auger the holes.
- Get some ROTBLOC and install on poles.
- Purchase and install hardware onto the poles.
- Purchase a copious amount of wire. Install on poles once they are in place.
- Build drying racks for post-harvest processing.
- Pot up rhizomes purchased this year for quarantine.
- Make a scaffold of some nature that can be pulled behind a quad?